Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back to the Begining

When I finished my Contiki, I returned to Auckland via Christchurch. The 2 days I spent there were somewhat nerve racking given that the region still experiences earthquakes from time to time. I hung out with Anita (from my tour) and she and I split the cab to the airport when we left.  At this point I had already received the offer of accommodation from the UoA, and was debating whether or not to take it.  When I arrived back in Auckland on the sunday morning, I decided to check out the Parnell Student Village (the Hall I was accepted into), and found the place quite nice (from the far side of the fence).

Monday I accepted the offer at by signing my life away at the Uni, and ventured to Parnell (we call the village PSV).  The process was very informal; when I arrived to check the place out, I was let in by one of the coodinators, and he randomly chose a room for me, handed me a key and gave me the addresses I need for mail/packages - all without checking my name on any list! I guess it would have been pretty obvious right away if I was lying...  I met a few people on campus who lived in PSV and mentioned a BBQ, so I forfeit my night in the hostel to get my stuff and move into my new place right away. The BBQ was fun, there was free food and volleyball!


There are 98 people that live in PSV - 3 RAs and the rest students. ~98% of them are American which is rather frustrating when you're on exchange expecting to live with local or international students from all over. Don't get me wrong, I really like alot of the people that I live with, and I have made really good friends, but it's not the international experience that I was expecting.

Here are a couple pictures I took on a trip out to Mission Bay (one of the east coast beaches!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment