Monday, May 21, 2012

Fish and Chips!

The first week of classes was a bit nerve wracking, trying yo make friends, and get my classes established. I started off going to 6 classes before I narrowed it down to the 4 I'm allowed to take. I'm in Sensors and Actuators, Control Systems (which I think is easier to do here than it would be at UBC), Project Management (a graduate level class), and Cities and Urbanism (a class that I've wanted to take since 2nd year!). I really hope they all transfer! I tried to get preapproval, but apparently I didn't use the right channels, so I'm still waiting on course approvals...

Oweek was entertaining, there were lots of activities, and music/food in the quad. I tried to win some free Stitka stuff (a brand from Vancouver Island), but all I got was a discount coupon :(    A group of us from Parnell went to the Oweek concert, and I left early to go meet up with Christa, a friend I met on Contiki who is from Vancouver! We went and enjoyed some live music at a Brewery down on Customs Street.

I also had another friend from my Contiki tour, Katie, come and stay with me. She took me out to an extravagant delicious dinner at Igaçu (a restaurant down on Parnell Rise which has since defaulted on their lease). She walked with me to class the next day, and then we parted ways. But after my class , I decided to walk down yo check out the waterfront, and happened to walk through the park where she was sleeping on the grass! So we wandered down queen street together till she had to leave to catch her plane.

Now, if you're wondering about the title, its because I started this post sitting in a couch in iSpace (international students lounge) waiting on a free fish and chips lunch (or as the kiwis say: fush n chups).  Im now outside the business school sitting in the sun, same as Colin did when he was here to greet me after class. I really miss him, worse than I did before he came, but that's to be expected I suppose.

Oh well, I've got errands to run, so I'm off!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment