Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hello again!

So, its been a really long time since I've written anything here.  I'm sorry about that. Honestly, I didn't think anyone was reading, so I didn't see the value, but now I wish I had. It's my journal, my own recount and memoir if everything I've done, and of course, I've botched it by not keeping up. I'm going to try to recollect a good amount of what I've done, but there's no guarantee that it's all be here. Oh well. I guess I make do.

Random van that I saw! It's awesome! ------>

I'll start with today.  I jumped off the Auckland Harbour Bridge this morning, and now I'm on a mission. Ive ventured out of Parnell (which is a feat you'll come to understand) and I'm on my way up to One The Hill (this has nothing to do with the American TV series...) It smells like horses, which is odd given that im in the middle of.the city....but there is a paddock of sorts next to me. (and perhaps not so odd in a country that has more sheep than people) Up a massive stair case I go, then pause for some wildberry and honey ice cream, and around the hill (aka volcano) I go to get to the path that goes to the top.

It's sheep! I've made it to the top of One Tree Hill now. The view is phenomenal. (see pic!) This is a tribute to the waitangi treaty that was signed to bring the Maori under British rule. (one that wasn't particularly good for the Maori, kinda like the Canadian treaties....)  Its quite a hike to get up here, and the Sun is starting to head towards the water. It also looks like rain off to the west, but I can see both coasts! It's a really cool sight. I can see the War Memorial Museum that's right near my flat. The hike down will be sore on my poor feet and indeed that have kept me moving fir.the better part if the last 3 hours.


Alright. Lets go find the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment